Subgood layer

More
5 years 1 month ago #416 by saqibmaqbool
Subgood layer was created by saqibmaqbool
hi

i want to make a subgood layer to describe all the subgood that compute the total flow

i could not find an elaborate procedure in STAN manual. except that it only mentions how to enable subgood from extras menu...but what to do after it is enabled is not descrbed. ie in the layers menu there is no option of subgood

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #417 by saqibmaqbool
Replied by saqibmaqbool on topic Subgood layer
will appreciate if someone can inform how to use utilize subgood in stan2

More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #418 by adminST
Replied by adminST on topic Subgood layer
Subgoods must be defined (analog to substances) before being able to create layers with them. Define "substances" like e.g. wood, metal, plastics, ... and use them afterwards as subgoods by creating and selecting the respective layers in your model. Don't forget to enable subgoods under Extras > Options.
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by adminST.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 3 weeks ago #419 by saqibmaqbool
Replied by saqibmaqbool on topic Subgood layer
thanks for your reply.

its not clear to me how to associate a created material (eg:apple) with subgood layer in stan2. there is no option of subgood in 'layers and period' tab

can you please write a quick steps below or a screen shot will help

thanks
Last edit: 5 years 3 weeks ago by saqibmaqbool.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #420 by adminST
Replied by adminST on topic Subgood layer
As mentioned above, you have to define the materials (in your case subgoods) under "Edit > Define Material" before being able to select the respective subgood layers under "Edit > Layers & Periods".

Find attached an example with apples and bananas.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: a.fritze, saqibmaqbool

More
3 years 11 months ago #437 by pa_bontinck
Replied by pa_bontinck on topic Subgood layer
Hi there,
Thanks for sharing that example. The thing I am unclear about is that the subgood flow appear to be considered as a substance by the software, rather than a good? (with the mass fraction/concentration input boxes rather than volume and density). I am trying to build an MFA model for fruit and vegetables (all different commodities), in different regions of a country, considering imports and exports and the various stages of their life cycle. So I need to be able to work at different scales (national, regional) for many commodities. Is that something that can be done with STAN?

Time to create page: 0.314 seconds