A picture says more than thousand words. And a video is even better. Here you can find help videos that show you how to work with STAN.
Video 1: Lecture "STAN and Uncertainies in MFA" from the lectures series "226.054 Resource Management" recorded on November 08, 2018 at TU Wien (62 min)
This video covers the basics of Material Flow Analysis (MFA) and shows how to handle data uncertainties by using statistical tools like data reconciliation & uncertainty propagation.
Video 2: Short introduction into the basics of STAN 2.5 (17 min).
Video 3: STAN webinar (hosted by ISIE) recorded on April 20, 2018 (55 min)
This video covers how to
- download and install STAN (03:27)
- create a simple graphical model (4:27)
- enter data and perform calculations (11:07)
- consider data uncertainties (15:35)
- use statistical tools like uncertainty propagation (18:00) and data reconciliation (19:55)
- detect errors like contradictions (20:35) and gross errors (24:54)
- use multiple layers and periods (27:05)
- import data (32:16)
Additionally, at the end of the video there is a short Q&A session (40:50) covering the following topics:
- standard deviation vs standard error (41:17)
- separation of one flow in different others (42:48 and 50:43)
- calculation of transfer coefficients (44:55)
- energy flows in STAN (46:19)
- plot time series (48:19)
- maximum model size and commercial algorithm IAL-IMPL2013 (49:15)
- dynamic modeling with additional relations (52:22)