Problems with files after STAN upgrade

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #11 by GaEs
Hello!

I have been happily and productively working with STAN since long time ago (STAN 1.0, STAN 2.5.1006 and now STAN 2.5.1072) and I really like the program. Great job!!

Now, all my current files were done using STAN 2.5.1006, are already *.zmfa and they were working well.
When the new version 2.5 came up, I deinstalled the previous versions of the program and installed the new one, however now I have following situations:

- When I double click the stan files directly, they are automatically opened in STAN 2.5.1006, although I did deinstalled it and when I look for the application in C: I dont find it anymore. This is not a big deal, because at least my data and MFA results are still there and the calculation is also working perfectly. Only at the end when I close the application, I get an error message (which was not happening before) saying: "unhandeld exception has ocurred....etc....object reference not set to an instance of an object..etc"

- When I first open version 2.5.1072 and then I open my files, at first the input data and results appear, but when I try to perform a calculation it does not work, which makes no sense, at in the previous version the calculation runs without problem. I get a message "Unexpected error in calculation module!, Matrix must not be singular, etc"

Have you heard of these problems before? Can I solve them somehow? specially a solution for the second problem would be great as I will continue working with STAN and I rather work in the newest version. I can gladly send you my file directly, under confidential circumstances ;)

Greetings

Gabriela
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by GaEs. Reason: aditional info added

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #13 by GaEs
....and me again =D

Another problem I have with STAN now (newest version) is that I can't move the name boxes of the flows, the arrows or the processes. In summary I cannot make any changes to the graphical representation.

I would be happy for any reply to this and my previous mail.

Thanks!

More
11 years 4 months ago #19 by adminST
Hi Gabriela!

Are you sure you deinstalled STAN 2.5.1006 completely by using "programs and features" in the control panel of Windows? Because it sounds very strange that STAN 2.5.1006 is opening when it is no longer on your computer.

We applied changes to the scaling algorithm in the new version of STAN. That might cause the problem with the mentioned error message "Unexpected error in calculation module!, Matrix must not be singular, etc". Should not be but could be. Difficult to say.

Please send me your file and I will have a look. Also concerning your latest problem with graphical representation.

All the best,
Oliver
The following user(s) said Thank You: GaEs

More
11 years 4 months ago #20 by GaEs
Hi Oliver,
thanks for the answer. I did deinstalled the previous STAN with "programs and features" and it did not appear in programes, or programes(x86) anymore. However, now I looked deeply in all users, etc, and I found one folder with the old STAN program under my user in downloads. So I just erased it and now the previous version is completely gone. I also deinstalled the new STAN, re-started the computer and installed it again,

Now I can also move the elements of the models with the new stan version, but ONLY IF I open the files with the STAN 32-bit version, even when my system is a 64-bit system. Anyway, that helps already.

However I still have following important problems with the new stan versions while using my old zmfa files:
1 – The calculation does not work
2- In the view of "Volume" the stocks do not appear. In the previous STAN version the calculated stocks did appear in the volume view, so this problem should not be related to errors in my file, I guess.

The only hints I have, is the message

"Invalid MFA properties (version '9'). Defaults of version '15' will be used.." under the trace output panel when I open any of my files
and then after a failed calculation the message "Unexpected error in calculation module!, Matrix must not be singular…..at MathNet.Numerics.LinearAlgebra.LUDecomposition.Solve(Matrix B)" etc….

I am attaching one of my three work files and hope you can find the reason for these problems!

Thanks a lot in advance and just contact me anytime if you need more information from me.

More
11 years 4 months ago #21 by GaEs
did the attachment updload worked? i did not see the file anywhere after I replied the message....

More
11 years 4 months ago #22 by adminST
Upload did not work. Please upload the file directly to our web database by using STAN!

Time to create page: 0.298 seconds